About EMWA (East Midlands Women's Awards)
The East Midlands Women’s Awards is a prestigious gala ceremony to recognise and celebrate the regional contribution of women across Derbyshire, Leicestershire, Lincolnshire, Nottinghamshire, Rutland, and Northamptonshire; raising awareness, giving recognition and acknowledging the hard work and valuable contribution of women from all cultures, communities, and sectors.
Join us in our celebration as we recognise and raise the profile
of amazing women across the whole of the East Midlands
The EMWA aims to highlight the contribution made by women from all business sectors within the East Midlands counties.
There are three main ideas behind the East Midlands Women’s Awards:-
- To acknowledge the work carried out by an array of talented and successful women across the region who continue to make an outstanding contribution to the East Midlands in their chosen field, but, whatever the reason, fail to be recognised on a regional scale.
- To bring these outstanding women together to enable connection, introduce opportunities and allow the further development of ideas and potential synergies.
- To raise the profiles of the individuals and their organisations (from a wider business, community and economic stand point) to promote to audiences further afield exactly who and what we have here in the East Midlands that is delivered, envisioned and created by women.
There is currently no one, region-wide awards programme which recognises the contribution of our successful women. We think this valuable resource has too long been overlooked and is an issue that should be addressed with a sense of urgency.
The East Midlands Women’s Awards brings together individuals and organisations of all sizes to pay tribute to the regional achievements of our female members.
The East Midlands Women's 2017 Awards will take place on Friday 20th October, 2017 at the Falcon Hotel, Uppingham, Rutland.
We will be announcing the sponsors for the East Midlands Women’s Awards in the coming weeks. We have a number of sponsorship packages available which have been purposely designed to encourage participation from as many individuals and diverse organisations as possible.
Download Our Sponsor Pack
There 10 categories in the East Midland Women’s Awards:
- Female Entrepreneur of the Year - This award recognises the individual who has run their own business for more than 3 years and has achieved outstanding success in business in the past 12 months within the East Midlands Region.
- Outstanding Woman in Professional Services - This award recognises the individual who has work in the professional services industry for more than 3 years and has provided exceptional and outstanding services to their clients in the past 12 months, within the East Midlands Region.
- Outstanding Woman in Public Services (including uniformed services) - This award recognises the individual who has worked within the Public Sector Services for more than 3 years and demonstrates outstanding contribution over the past 12 months within the East Midlands Region.
- Outstanding Female Leader in a Market Town - This award recognises the individual who has made significant contribution to the livelihood, innovation, business and/or social, community stability and wellbeing of a market town in East Midlands.
- Outstanding Woman - Community Impact – Charity & Voluntary - This award recognises the individual who has made an outstanding contribution an impact across the charitable or voluntary community within the East Midlands Region.
- Outstanding Woman in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics - STEM - This award recognises the individual who best demonstrates the most outstanding contribution in the fields of STEM, within the East Midlands Region.
- Outstanding BME Female Leader Of The Year - This award recognises the contributions of women from the BME communities across the Region. The individual from the BME community who has made an outstanding contribution in their chosen field. Her impact and contribution must have been within the East Midlands Region.
- Outstanding Woman in Arts, Media & Music - The individual who has made an outstanding contribution in Art, Media or Music within the past 3 years across the East Midlands Region.
- Inspirational Male Supporting Women Leaders 2017 - This award recognises the individual who has made the most outstanding contribution to supporting women’s development, gender equality, and promotion within the East Midlands Region.
- East Midlands Inspirational Female Leader of the Year 2017 - This award is chosen by the EMWA’s Founder from the full range of nominations.
East Midlands Women's Awards Proudly Sponsored by: