In preparation for setting up the Horizon Mentoring Scheme the team undertook a lengthy research process to identify what best practice already existed and to learn from this. In addition we have used the already extensive experience and knowledge of our team members, who have themselves previously set up mentoring programmes within organisations and community settings. We […]
Archive | July, 2011
We are pleased to have a number of Patrons to our network. Ron Simpson CFCMI CFCIPD M Ed A chartered manager and company director, Ron was a previous East Midlands Regional Chair of the Chartered Management Institute and President of its Leicestershire and Rutland Branch. As proprietor of the Rutland based consultancy RMJS […]
The Horizon Mentoring Scheme has been researched and developed by a team of WiMUK Volunteers, who make up the Horizon Coordinators Team. “My Name is Laura Edwards and I am a Marketing Executive for an organisation called AAT, an accountancy qualification and membership body. I first saw the benefits of mentoring when studying at Lancaster University in […]
Welcome to our list of preferred coaches. Please choose from the list below and make contact with the individual or organisation directly. Legal Disclaimer Although we take great care to try to identify coaches who have demonstrated their ability and attain to our rigorous criteria, WiM UK takes not legal responsibility or liability for […]
Ethics In mentoring, a mentor and mentee will inevitably share information about themselves. The mentoring relationship needs to be respected with confidentiality and appropriate boundaries established. This protects both participants who need to understand how far it is acceptable to go. A Code of Ethics is attached at Annex A of the guidance notes or […]
Mentoring relationships can run into problems for a number of reasons. These include: Mentee and Mentor having different expectations of the Mentoring relationship; A lack of clarity over what is to be gained and achieved from the Mentor Relationship; A lack of commitment on either to carry out the agreed actions; A different style or approach that clashes rather […]
Login or create your account
- How to Develop Your Business Through Innovative Remote Work Solutions November 8, 2022
- SHINE Magazine Issue 2 December 21, 2021
- Prep for the Holidays: Boost Your Business Through the Season December 20, 2021
- A Different Perspective and Approach September 3, 2011
- Welcome to the East Midlands Region August 4, 2011
- Need Help with Your Business? – A Growth Accelerator Coach Can Help February 3, 2015
- jacquihogan: I'm also qualified and experienced as a Growth Ac...
- jacquihogan: PS. Don't forget too that not all women have fami...
- jacquihogan: I confess I winced a little at the cleaning analog...