Women: managing in business, career, and life
Women In Management UK (WIMUK)is an independent network that supports the aspiration of women of all ages; providing opportunities to lead, to learn, and to make a difference wherever you are.
Our Community is made up of individuals who are passionate about encouraging and developing the skills, knowledge, and experience of girls and women. Our members are female, male, all ages, cultures, ethnicity, religions, gender or sexual orientation – our focus is entirely on women’s development.
We believe that wherever you are right now in your life you have something to share with others; we are here to create opportunities to help you do this in a variety of ways.
In addition, WIMUK offers our members support in:
- Business development and start-up;
- Horizon Mentoring® programme, which provides support from others who have the experience to share in business, career, and life in general;
- The exchange of ideas, good practice and impartial practical advice;
- Pathways to Success™ – training through webinars, online events, seminars and discussions, as well as face to face events;
- CPD Certification for some of our events and training programmes, where we work with some of our partners and sponsors;
- The opportunity to volunteer, lead on some of our projects and develop skills in a variety of areas. Here you gain skills that can be transferred across your wider life and career;
- The opportunity to meet like-minded people, to develop contacts and associations;
- We work with organisations to support their inclusion and gender parity.
- We support managers (female and male) to improve their coaching, mentoring and staff engagement skills, along with organisation change and development.
The Women’s Awards
In 2017 the East Midlands Women’s Awards (EMWA) was created to identify, celebrate and recognise the contribution of women across all sectors of industry and society. These prestigious awards have grown exponentially in just three years. 2020 is our fourth year of organising these awards. Nominations open in January 2020 and we welcome nominations from the West Midlands as well as the East Midlands. We encourage organisations to get involved by using them to recognise staff contribution to their business and to sponsor the awards programme.
Our promise to individuals who become active members and get involved in WIMUK programmes:
The outcomes of your involvement with us will be:
- You will have developed a greater level of knowledge, skills, and ability;
- You will have greater confidence in business, at work/career, ambitions, and social interactions;
- You will have moved further ahead in achieving your personal goals and your potential.
We are continually developing our offer and benefits for our members. You can find out more about what our members are doing, through our group discussions, forums, events and programmes by exploring the pages of our website.
What to do next?
- Sign up to our free online membership,
- Complete your profile and begin to share about yourself,
- Let us know what you are able to offer and what support you’d like from us;
- Register as a mentor or mentee through this link https://womeninmanagement.info/horizon-mentoring-programme/
- Offer to take part as a panelist or speaker at one of our online events (webinars) or other events, seminar and conferences through this link https://womeninmanagement.info/contact-us/
Women In Management Executive TeamWomen In Management Executive Group
Thanks for joining.
Please let us know if you there if we can help or support you in any way.
Please note that we’re a voluntary organisation. This may mean that at times the response can be a little slow.