The East Midlands Women’s Awards (EMWA) celebrates the contribution of women across Leicestershire, Rutland, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Northamptonshire, and Lincolnshire. The purpose of the awards is to raise the awareness, recognise and reward the hard work and impact of women in society from all cultures, communities, and sectors. Headline Sponsor 2019 EMWA Founder, Sandra Pollock said […]
Here in the UK, we may well be facing Brexit, but the work for equality between the genders in the workplace still goes on in Europe as they make changes to improve work-life balance for both parents. Here is the latest European Commission Press Release Delivering on the European Pillar of Social Rights – Commission adopts […]
A recent article by the Fast Company based on data provide by LinkedIn (yes, you’ve noticed that the Fast Company is my latest place for interesting articles) discussing the fact that their data shows that women between certain age groups change jobs more frequently than men do. I found this quite interesting as my husband […]
The International Women in Leadership (iWiL) is a project that I have been working on since 2013 as a result of the increasing interest we have had from women and men all over the world. The team has decided to launch the iWiL project here inside Women In Management UK . Our intentions are […]
The campaign against the withdrawal of the proposal to review the EU Directive on Maternity Leave bore fruits. Although the European Commission finally decided in July 2015 to withdraw this proposal, due to the campaign, we were able to obtain from the Commission a commitment to present in 2016 a new initiative reconciling work and family […]
If you’re still struggling, with the idea of volunteer rights just imagine instead of volunteering, you’ve asked someone to make you a cake. You say, “Hey, would you like to make me a cake for our bake sale?” and they go, “Oh yes, I would LOVE to make a cake for the cause! Thank you for […]
Login or create your account
- An Evening With Sandra Pollock May 1, 2019
- Nominate Someone Today, Says Glynis Wright April 30, 2019
- A Change of Mind April 20, 2019
- Welcome to the East Midlands Region August 4, 2011
- A Different Perspective and Approach September 3, 2011
- Need Help with Your Business? – A Growth Accelerator Coach Can Help February 3, 2015
- jacquihogan: I'm also qualified and experienced as a Growth Ac...
- jacquihogan: PS. Don't forget too that not all women have fami...
- jacquihogan: I confess I winced a little at the cleaning analog...