Women’s Awards Founder Receives OBE Sandra Pollock Founder of the Women’s Awards was among those named on the Queens Honours List 2021. Sandra has been awarded an OBE for services to Equality. Those who know Sandra well will know of her many years of tireless work in this area, not only on behalf of women, […]
It’s good to think that world over things are changing for women, particularly in parts areas we’ve been given to expect that this is not possible. Ghana is setting the trend, taking second globally in creating more female let businesses. Let’s make sure we’re not falling behind the curve both in encouraging the continual growth […]
Our latest updates If you haven’t yet noticed, there has been a slight change to the Awards. We say slight because the East Midlands Women’s Awards (EMWA) has not changed, but we’re branching out to the West Midlands from 1st January 202 and to deferential between the two regions, we now have two separate nomination […]
Have you been to an East Midlands Women’s Awards Information & Networking event? If you haven’t you’re missing out. Hear what some women had to say after taking part. These networking events are popping up all across the East Midlands. The EMWA Information and Networking sessions are designed to give you the opportunity to find […]
WINNER of the East Midlands Inspirational Female Leader of the Year 2018 is Professor Rachel Thomson Professor Thomson is an international researcher and Professor of Materials Engineering at Loughborough University. Professor Thomson has recently become the first female Fellow of the Royal Academy of Engineering. http://www.lboro.ac.uk/news-events/news/2018/september/rachel-thomson-elected-fellow-of-raeng/https://www.raeng.org.uk/news/news-releases/2018/september/50-engineering-leaders-become-fellows-of-the-royal Professor Thomson also won the Outstanding Women in STEM Award 2018. […]
Over the next one and half years I will be joining other Commissioners to answer this question. My role will involve travelling across the UK and asking questions and exploring how stakeholders such as tenants, the government, local authorities, private companies and not for profit organisations can work together to develop something bigger and better than […]
Login or create your account
- SHINE Magazine Issue 2 December 21, 2021
- Prep for the Holidays: Boost Your Business Through the Season December 20, 2021
- International Women’s Day – Uppingham First March 8, 2021
- A Different Perspective and Approach September 3, 2011
- Welcome to the East Midlands Region August 4, 2011
- Need Help with Your Business? – A Growth Accelerator Coach Can Help February 3, 2015
- jacquihogan: I'm also qualified and experienced as a Growth Ac...
- jacquihogan: PS. Don't forget too that not all women have fami...
- jacquihogan: I confess I winced a little at the cleaning analog...