We're bringing together many of the previous EMWA Winners (the EMWA Alumni) on Friday 6th September 2019 at the Queen Victoria Arts Club, 41 Rutland Street, Leicester, LE1 1RE. Join us from 12:30 to 2:30pm for lunch and reflection.
You will hear what impact being a winner of an East Midlands Women’s Award has made to the business and career prospects. You'll hear a little about their individual journeys and what inspires them to make a difference.
- Glynis Wright, President, Leicestershire Law Society, Founder, Glynis Wright & Co., Winner, EMWA Inspirational Female Leader 2017, and Headline Sponsor EMWA 2019
- Karen Cureton, Founder, Cureton Consulting. Winner, EMWA Outstanding Woman in Professional Services 2018,
- Farhana Sheikh, Clifton Packaging, Winner, EMWA Outstanding Female Entrepreneur 2018,
- Pawlet Brooks, CEO, Serendipity UK, Winner, EMWA Outstanding BAME Female Leader 2018,
- Vijay Mistry, Founder, 2Funky Empire, Winner, EMWA Inspirational Male Supporting Female Leaders 2018,
- The event will be hosted by Sandra Pollock, herself a multi-award-winning Director and Founder of EMWA.
Other EMWA Winners in attendance include:
- Yvette Price-Mear – EMWA Special Award Winner, Life Time Achievement Award in Voluntary Services 2018,
- Karen Williams, Founder of The Buddy Bag Foundation, Winner, EMWA Outstanding Woman of Community Impact – Charity & Voluntary Award 2018.
Join us for this lunchtime discussion on the benefits of EMWA. You will also be helping us raise much needed funds for this year’s chosen charity.
Tickets are only £10.00 (+£.1.37 Eventbrite fee) per person. All profits will be donated to ME & DEE.
To book your ticket visit our Eventbrite page:
The aim of EMWA is to shine a light on the work and contribution of women in the workplace, wherever that may be. Find out about the East Midlands Women's Awards and how you can get involved.
Watch out for future lunchtime events in November and December.