The East Midlands Women's Awards (EMWA) celebrates the contribution of women across Leicestershire, Rutland, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Northamptonshire, and Lincolnshire.
The purpose of the awards is to raise awareness, recognise and reward the hard work and impact of women in society from all cultures, communities, and sectors.
EMWA Founder, Sandra Pollock said in a statement
“The East Midlands is full of high achieving women working in all sectors. Unfortunately, there is no regional celebration or recognition the outstanding contribution women are making to our economy, our innovation, creativity, community or business development. Up until now there have been no East Midlands Regional Women’s Awards. I’ve felt it was time this oversight needed was addressed. Not only for women working today, but to create a vision for young women and girls to aspire to.”
Nominations are open now! so go ahead and recommend an East Midlands woman who deserves to regional acknowledged for her outstanding contribution.
So, go ahead and recommend an East Midlands woman who deserves to receive regional recognition for her outstanding contribution.
- The Women’s Awards are open to all women across:
- the East Midlands Region (which covers the counties of Derbyshire, Leicestershire, Lincolnshire, Nottinghamshire, Northamptonshire, and Rutland) AND
- the West Midlands Region (which covers Herefordshire, Shropshire, Staffordshire, Warwickshire, Worcestershire, and West Midlands).
Entries are sought from, or on behalf of, women who have made an outstanding impact in their field of expertise, in relation to the categories listed.
Join us in recognising, celebrating and raising the profile of truly worthy women in the Midlands.
Due to the continuing impact of the Covid-19 pandemic, our desire to ensure safety, considering the uncertainty around the still rising numbers of Covid-19 infections, we believe it wise not to hold an awards ceremony this year (2021).
- Nominations will remain open until Thursday 30th June 2022.
- Shortlisting will take place the week commencing 4th July 2022.
- Judging will take place week commencing 11th July 2022.
- The Women’s Awards Gala Presentation and Dinner will take place in September 2022. Date and venue to be confirmed.