The Big Shop is the next event planned for Uppingham which will also be run in partnership between WIMUK, Women in The High Street and Uppingham First promoting Business Women in the Market Town is a whole day event. The aim of this event is to increase footfall into Uppingham, with a highlight on female owners and managed businesses in the area.
Activates on the day include:
- Official opening by the High Sheriff of Rutland
- Official launch of the Uppingham Bag
- £500 Pot Competition (Grant provided by Uppingham Town Council in support of the day):
- Participants are encouraged to bring back their receipts.
- Receipts brought back will need to have names and addresses on them.
- Receipts are placed in a ‘hat’ and drawn out.
- Receipts are paid out of the £500 until it is gone.
- Programme of activities being offered by Uppingham businesses and where these might be located.
- All participating shops & businesses to have a sticker in the shop/window to indicate they are taking part.
- All business are offered the opportunity to do something to showcase their business. Examples could include a tour of the business, demonstration of what they do or make or a talk on the history of their business.
- Crèche facilities to be available at the Town Hall and sponsored by Little Angels. Bookable in advance for an hour to go shopping in Uppingham.
Make sure you plan to be there.
We'll keep you posted on the many other activities due to take place as we get closer to the date. If you would like to take part or want to find our more information, please contact Ron Simpson firstname.lastname@example.org