About EMWA (East Midlands Women's Awards)
The East Midlands Women’s Awards celebrates the regional contribution of women across Derbyshire, Leicestershire, Lincolnshire, Nottinghamshire, Rutland, and Northamptonshire. The purpose of these Awards is to raise awareness, recognise and celebrate the hard work and valuable contribution of women from all cultures, communities, and sectors.
Nominations for this year’s East Midlands Women’s Awards (EMWA) open on Friday 1st January 2021.
The Women’s Awards are open to all women across:
- the East Midlands Region (which covers the counties of Derbyshire, Leicestershire, Lincolnshire, Nottinghamshire, Northamptonshire, and Rutland)
Entries are sought from, or on behalf of, women who have made an outstanding impact in their field of expertise, in relation to the categories listed.
Join us in recognising, celebrating and raising the profile of truly worthy women in the Midlands.
Due to the continuing impact of the Covid-19 pandemic, our desire to ensure safety, considering the uncertainty around the still rising numbers of Covid-19 infections, we believe it wise not to hold an awards ceremony this year (2021).
- Nominations will remain open until Thursday 30th June 2022.
- Shortlisting will take place the week commencing 4th July 2022.
- Judging will take place week commencing 11th July 2022.
- The Women’s Awards Gala Presentation and Dinner will take place in September 2022. Date and venue to be confirmed.
Join us in our celebration as we recognise and raise the profile
of amazing women across the whole of the East Midlands
The EMWA aims to highlight the contribution made by women from all business sectors within the East Midlands counties.
There are three main ideas behind the East Midlands Women’s Awards:-
- To acknowledge the work carried out by an array of talented and successful women across the region who continue to make an outstanding contribution to the East Midlands in their chosen field, but, whatever the reason, fail to be recognised on a regional scale.
- To bring these outstanding women together to enable connection, introduce opportunities, and allow the further development of ideas and potential synergies.
- To raise the profiles of the individuals and their organisations (from a wider business, community, and economic standpoint) to promote to audiences further afield exactly who and what we have here in the East Midlands that is delivered, envisioned, and created by women.
There is currently no one, region-wide awards programme which recognises the contribution of our successful women. We think this valuable resource has too long been overlooked and is an issue that should be addressed with a sense of urgency.
The East Midlands Women’s Awards brings together individuals and organisations of all sizes to pay tribute to the regional achievements of our female members.
The Gala Presentation and Dinner will take place on Friday (TBC) October 2022 at - venue to be confirmed. Tickets £95. per (incl. VAT) person which includes a 3-course meal and table wine. As usual, we will be raising money for two charities which are still to be chosen.
We will be announcing the sponsors for the East Midlands Women’s Awards in the coming weeks. We have a number of sponsorship packages available which have been purposely designed to encourage participation from as many individuals and diverse organisations as possible.
2022 Sponsorship Packs
Get your business or organization featured in the EMWA 2021 Event Brochure.
The 2021 EMWA Sponsorship & Advertising Pack will be available shortly. Or you can drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org for your copy.
There 12 categories, 13 Awards to be won in the East Midland Women’s Awards:
- Outstanding Female Entrepreneur of the Year 2022 - This award recognises the individual who has run their own business for more than 3 years and has achieved outstanding success in business in the past 12 months within the East Midlands Region. Shortlisted Nominees may be asked to provide additional information to support their application.
- Outstanding Woman in Professional Services 2022 - This award recognises the individual who has work in the professional services industry for more than 3 years and has provided exceptional and outstanding services to their clients in the past 12 months, within the East Midlands Region. Shortlisted Nominees may be asked to provide additional information to support their application.
- Outstanding Woman in Care Services 2022 - This award recognises the individual who has worked within professional care services for more than 3 years and demonstrates outstanding contribution over the past 12 months within the East Midlands Region. This category includes the NHS, Nursing, Care Homes, and All care related services.
- Outstanding Woman in Education 2022- This category specifically focuses on teaching & education in its widest fields and includes schools, colleges, and universities and recognises the individual who has worked in their field for more than 3 years and demonstrates outstanding contribution over the past 12 months.
- Outstanding Woman in Public Services (including uniformed services) 2022 - This award recognises the individual who has worked within the Public Sector Services for more than 3 years and demonstrates outstanding contribution over the past 12 months within the East Midlands Region.
- Outstanding Female Leader in a Market Town 2022- This award recognises the individual who has made a significant contribution to the livelihood, innovation, business and/or social, community stability and wellbeing of a market town in East Midlands.
- Outstanding Woman - Community Impact – Charity & Voluntary 2022 - This award recognises the individual who has made an outstanding contribution and impact across the charitable or voluntary community within the East Midlands Region.
- Outstanding Woman in STEM 2022 (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) - This award recognises the individual who best demonstrates the most outstanding contribution in the fields of STEM, within the East Midlands Region.
- Outstanding Black and Minority Ethnicity (BAME) Female Leader Of The Year 2022 - This award recognises the contributions of women from the BAME communities across the Region. The individual from the Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) community who has made an outstanding contribution in their chosen field. Her impact and contribution must have been within the East Midlands Region.
- Outstanding Woman in Arts, Media & Music 2022 - The individual who has made an outstanding contribution in Art, Media or Music within the past 3 years across the East Midlands Region.
- Outstanding Senior Female Executive 2022 - this category is for individuals who have held a senior role within an organisation for three years or more and can demonstration outstanding impact and results for their organisation and staff. Examples include MD, CEO, CFO, Founder, CFO, Chair, Director, etc.
- Inspirational Male Supporting Women Leaders 2022 - This award recognises the individual who has made the most outstanding contribution to supporting women’s development, gender equality, and promotion within the East Midlands Region.
- East Midlands Inspirational Female Leader of the Year 2022- This award is chosen by the EMWA’s Founder from the full range of nominations.
The East Midlands Women's Awards welcomes nominations from members of the LGBT communities.
East Midlands Women's Awards Proudly Sponsored by:
Official Media Sponsor: